The GNU ARM Eclipse Plug-ins Developer Wiki
These plug-ins provide Eclipse CDT (C/C++ Development Tooling) extensions for GNU ARM toolchains like GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors, Mentor Sourcery CodeBench Lite, Linaro, etc. The project is hosted on SourceForge.
For general info and announcements, please read the project web.
- How to build the plug-in from sources and publish it on SourceForge.
- Build environments
- Eclipse runtime preferences
- ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross persistent values (Eclipse)
- ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.jlink defaults
- ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.jlink persistent values (workspace)
- ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.openocd persistent values (workspace)
These are files stored in the .../eclipse/configuration folder, to configure various plug-ins defaults.
Note: this solution is deprecated, all defaults will be migrated to standard Eclipse runtime preferences.
The Windows build tools
Traditionally Windows systems do not provide any standard make programs, and without one building managed projects is not possible (using the internal builder is highly discouraged, since it is no longer supported).
- How to cross build Windows Build Tools (on Debian)
OpenOCD (Open On-Chip Debugger) is an open source debugger. The GNU ARM Eclipse OpenOCD subproject is a branch of OpenOCD, intended to provide support for various JTAG/SWD probes in GNU ARM Eclipse. The source code is part of the GNU ARM Eclipse project, and is available from SourceForge.
- How to install Ubuntu (required by the Windows cross build)
- How to cross build Windows OpenOCD (on Ubuntu)
- How to build Linux OpenOCD (Ubuntu, but also tested on Debian, Manjaro and SuSE)
- How to build OS X OpenOCD
QEMU is an open source machine emulator. The GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU subproject is a branch of QEMU, intended to provide support for Cortex-M emulation in GNU ARM Eclipse. The source code is part of the GNU ARM Eclipse project, and is available from SourceForge.
- How to install Debian (required by the Windows cross build)
- How to build QEMU (old and complicated multi-platform page)
- How to cross build Windows QEMU (on Debian)
- How to build Debian QEMU
- How to build OS X QEMU
- How to use QEMU
The current status of this sub-project is experimental.
- J-Link and STM32 boards (how to build a cable to connect the J-Link to STM32 DISCOVERY and NUCLEO boards)
- Eclipse.org Wiki
- Eclipse User Interface Guidelines
- SWT Widgets
- Eclipse Luna documentation
- Introduction to Programming with DSF
- CDT DSF debug
- ARM CMSIS
- ARM Connected Community: ARM & Keil Tools
- Google Groups: CMSIS
- Forge site support #6343 Project description not propagated to all tools
- PAD file
- Test page (a simple page to see the styles applied to various elements)
Consult the MediaWiki User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.